Quiet. Calm. Peaceful.
A visit with a son.
Industry. Beauty. Joy.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be with myself. It is not a place I get to visit for long periods of time in daily life. Four days; the first in 18 years. Four days; I get to think, ponder, be calm and not rush. What a beautiful gift.
Am I doing anything special? Not really. I am doing those things that I can’t ever seem to fit in to the caring for my family and running here and there. Doing without interruption. Thinking. Thinking about everything, and thinking about nothing.
- I am so fortunate
- I have a wonderful husband who loves me, respects me, and knows when to tell me I am full of it (this is way more frequent than I like)
- I have a son who enjoys choosing the hard path, but will be ok anyway – for this I am grateful
- I have daughters who bring joy, hardship, entertainment, & a personal education (so as to stay at least one step ahead of them) to my life
- I have friends who call and check up on me, who love and care for me, hopefully ignoring my many flaws
- I have friends who I love and care for, who, if they have flaws I do my best to ignore
- I have His spirit with me, guiding me, helping me step beyond my “natural man”
Today I worked. I didn’t accomplish all that I wished and I broke a tool that I had to then replace, but it was all so good.
Because of this work…
- My family & I will be able to venture outdoors at night and in the early morning without being eaten alive by mosquitos
- My garden is weeded and the plants may finally get in the ground tomorrow
- A clear path was laid by the box gardens
- I was able to visit with a friend and help her with her kitten
- I will feel younger because my hair is the right color! 🙂
Creating order. At times this is so hard to reach, but for today possible.
It is a beautiful day.